September 28, 2022 | Earning the Bobcat Rank is among a scout’s first achievements in Cub Scouts. The Bobcat Rank teaches scouts and scouters the basic values and commitments of scouting. (This is not required for Kindergarteners in the Lion Den.)
The Bobcat badge is worn on the left pocket and is the top of the diamond-shaped collection of ranks of Cub Scouts before Webelos.
Bobcat Rank Requirements
- Learn and say the Scout Oath, with help if needed.
- Learn and say the Scout Law, with help if needed.
- Show the Cub Scout Sign and tell what it means.
- Show the Cub Scout Handshake and tell what it means.
- Say the Cub Scout Motto and tell what it means.
- Give the Cub Scout Salute and tell what it means.
- With your parent or guardian, complete the exercises in the booklet, How to Protect Your Children from Child Abuse.