As with all Cub Scout ranks, you must first earn the Bobcat Badge to be eligible to work for this award.
Welcome to the Bear Den
Bear Badge Requirements
Requirements were REVISED effective December 1, 2016.
New text is in bold GREEN underlined Serif text like this sentence.
Deleted portions are struck through RED italic text like this sentence.
The “Grin and Bear It” Adventure has been changed to an Elective Adventure,
and has been replaced by the “Baloo the Builder” Adventure, which is now a Required Adventure.
The “Paws for Action” Adventure has been renamed the “Paws for Action (Duty to Country)” Adventure.
- Complete each of the six following Bear required Adventures with your den or family:
- Bear Claws
- Bear Necessities
- Fellowship and Duty to God
- Fur, Feathers, and Ferns
- Grin and Bear It Baloo the Builder
- Paws for Action (Duty to Country)
- Complete at least one Bear elective Adventure of your den or family’s choosing.
- With your parent, guardian, or other caring adult partner, complete the exercises in the pamphlet How to Protect Your Children From Child Abuse: A Parent’s Guide, and earn the Cyber Chip award for your age.*
*If your family does not have Internet access at home AND you do not have ready Internet access at school or another public place or via a mobile device, the Cyber Chip portion of this requirement may be waived by your parent or guardian.